Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ecosystems of North America

We are studying ecosystems in our science class now. Below are links to view 360-Degree panoramas of various ecosystems in North America. Each of these highlights different ecosystems. While nothing can compare to being in these places, we hope you will get a feeling for the variety found all around you. State and National Parks are often just a short drive from any major city. When you finish loading the panorama, just move your mouse over the image to start the panning function. Move to the center of the panorama for a slower moving image.

No comments:

Answer to Last Week's Famous Scientist

James Watt (19 January 173625 August 1819[1]) was a Scottish inventor and mechanical engineer whose improvements to the steam engine were fundamental to the changes brought by the Industrial Revolution in both Britain and the world.

For more interesting information on James Watt go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Watt

100% of you answered correctly!! Way to go!!

Famous Scientists

Below are 5 clues to who I am. Read through them and then vote below. Next week, I will give you the answer. Good luck!!

Clue #1: Nationality - English
Clue #2: Lived: 1791 - 1867
Clue #3: I was a bookbinder apprentice and gained much knowledge from reading the books.
Clue #4: I was the first to describe the element chlorine and the compound benzene.
Clue #5: Below is a picture of me.

Who Am I?

Who Am I?

I am the Famous Scientist